OO4 problems with array types

From: Lloyd Sheen <sqlguy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:30:54 GMT

I am trying to use OO4 and are having trouble with array types. I have created a simple type:

CREATE TYPE COURSELIST AS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(10) In VB I am executing a simple function with a return code of COURSELIST.

When I attempt to execute the code I get an error "OIP-04796: Error in creating object instance".

The SQL string which is sent is:

declare result COURSELIST; Begin :result := usevararray(:ELEMENTS); end;

The result parameter is being bound with the following VB statements:

poArg.ArgType=108
poArg.ArgObjectTypeName="COURSELIST"

moraDatabase.Parameters.Add "result", Null, ORAPARM_OUTPUT, poArg.ArgType, poArg.ArgObjectTypeName

Does anyone have any ideas? Received on Tue Dec 18 2001 - 09:30:54 CST