Re: extending tablespace TEMP

From: Jan Eliasen <eliasen_at_cs.auc.dk>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:15:22 +0100

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Niall Litchfield wrote:

> If there was no data in the datafile - and thats a pretty big if - you might
> get away with 'alter database datafile 'your file' offline drop;'
Since the file was just added to the tablespace with a size of 1MB and I deleted it from the harddrive just after, I don't think there were any data in it.

Anyway, I do a;
sqlplus "/ as sysdba" and run the
alter database datafile
'/usr/local/oracle/product/9.0.1/oradata/database/system02.dbf' offline drop;

command, and I get a "Database altered." in return.

But next time I try to start up oracle, I get the same error as before. It does not seem to work.

--
Eliasen Jr.