Re: extending tablespace TEMP

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:41:15 +1100

You can never remove a file from a tablespace once it's been added. You'll need to retrieve the file from backup, and perform recovery to it. As to extending your temp tablespace, assuming it is actually too small, just follow one of the three normal ways of making a tablespace bigger:

  1. alter database datafile 'path/filename' autoextend on next 10m
  2. alter database datafile 'path/filename' resize 1000m;
  3. alter tablespace temp add datafile 'path/filename' size 1000m

(put your own sizes in as appropriate, of course).

Number 3 is preferred, but 1 has the advantages of simplicity.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com