Re: Testing a table existence

From: Sylvain BOURDETTE <sbourdette_at_danet.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:53:28 +0100

Thanks for your answer, but i had another problem !

i try to do this :

EXISTENCE:=0;
SELECT COUNT(*) INTO EXISTENCE FROM user_tables WHERE UPPER(table_name) = UPPER('catal_prod');
IF EXISTENCE > 0 THEN
      DROP TABLE CATAL_PROD CASCADE CONSTRAINTS; END IF; But i'm unable to drop the table i didn't know why. I got the folowing error message :

      DROP TABLE CATAL_PROD CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;
      *

ERREUR Ó la ligne 49:
ORA-06550: line 49, column 7:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "DROP" when expecting one of the
following:

Why don't i can do this ?

Thanks