Q: How to deny remote DBA access

From: Vincent, Ip <ar_pong_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:00:14 +0800

Hi all,

I am now setting up an oracle server for my team. I want to configure the oracle server such that DBA remote connection through TCP/IP network is deny --> I want to deny something like "connect xx/xx as DBA" remotely.

I am running Oracle 8i on Linux.

I found some aritcles on the web mentioning it can be set in the "listener.ora" file. However, I could not found the exact syntax / procedures for such settings.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

--
Ah Pong