Re: Express and 9i questions

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 21:56:01 -0800

"J?g Narr" <joerg_narr_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9vkhib$fs79a$1_at_ID-25239.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi there experts,
>
> is Oracle express an integral component of 9i (Enterprise Ed.)? I know that
> the olap feature is called "ORACLE 9i OLAP".

Not yet but from 9.0.2 Onwards it will be a integral part.. U can access u'r Express Database thru the 9i Database. And 9i JDeveloper BI Components.

actually I am waiting for it.

> Can Oracle Express still be purchased as a standalone application?

I Think Yes... They will not Phase out Oracle Express So Fast.

> How is the integration of Express and 9i done? Can you build OLAP cubes and
> store base data on the relational layer whilst aggregated data is being
> stored multidimensional (like SQL-Server and Analysis Services)?

The OLAP Engine inside Oracle 9i Eradicates ... ETL.. the Data is Retrived and Stored inside the DB... The Database allows u to create Dimensions and Design Hierarchies which will act on the table.

> Can you perform a "drill through" to the underlying relational data whilst
> analyzing MOLAP data?
>
> I did found some information, especially on the OLAP report page, but not
> really a clear statement on the Oracle pages. Any help would be deeply
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jörg

HTH Regards,
Ganesh R Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 23:56:01 CST