Re: EXPORT/IMPORT and archiving data

From: raghu <raghu1ra_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 20:59:36 -0800

Richard Novak <rnovak_at_yet2.com> wrote in message news:<3C1E654D.F426D824_at_yet2.com>...
> Here's my situation that I hope someone can help me with:
>
> I've set up an archival schema which mirrors the production schema.
> Also I've created some stored procedures that will take older data from
> the production schema and move it to the archival schema. based on the
> age of the production data.
>
> With the volume of data already in production, these routines would have
> to run for a very long time to "catch up". Since we are a 24 by 7 shop
> I need some way to move the data in a bulk fashion from the production
> schema to the archive schema without wiping out the data already in the
> archival schema.
>
> Would the EXPORT/IMPORT utilities work for this? If so, what parameters
> do you suggest that I use which will ensure that the existing archival
> data doesn't get wiped out?
>
> Is there another way to accomplish this? If so, how?
>
> Thanks in advance!

hi richard

one possible way using export and import utilities is to take incremental type of export and imports this method will take into consideration all those schemas which have changed by recent export. and the whole table will be exported even if there is a small change in the table but not only the changes instead you can use rman for taking backups it can satisfy your reuirement for taking backup for 24/7 database Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 22:59:36 CST