Re: join & views

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 04:02:46 GMT

No, and there is no reason to do that. While some RDBMS's create a temporary table when one issues a select against a view, Oracle does not do this. Instead it merges the view definition and the query on the view thus transforming the query you sent it into another query.(basically rewriting it) You should switch to the cost based optimizer. Jim