Express and 9i questions

From: Jörg Narr <joerg_narr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:33:13 +0100

Hi there experts,

is Oracle express an integral component of 9i (Enterprise Ed.)? I know that the olap feature is called "ORACLE 9i OLAP".

Can Oracle Express still be purchased as a standalone application?

How is the integration of Express and 9i done? Can you build OLAP cubes and store base data on the relational layer whilst aggregated data is being stored multidimensional (like SQL-Server and Analysis Services)?

Can you perform a "drill through" to the underlying relational data whilst analyzing MOLAP data?

I did found some information, especially on the OLAP report page, but not really a clear statement on the Oracle pages. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jörg Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 04:33:13 CST