ORA-12545 Oracle Listener dieing afterapprox 60 seconds on linux RH 7.1

From: Matt Gross <NOSPAMmg_reddERASE_at_NOSPAMhotmail.ERASEcom>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:55:50 +0900

I'm having a problem with my installation of Oracle 8.1.7 on RH 7.1. It seems that the listener dies after about one minute. If I shutdown the listener and restart it I can connect from my client machine fine, so long as I do it within approximately 60 seconds, but after that the listener hangs and I cannot make a connection and get an ORA-12545 error.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Matt Received on Sun Dec 16 2001 - 05:55:50 CST