Re: Cannot run OO4 samples

From: Lloyd Sheen <sqlguy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 02:53:03 GMT

The problems I am having are as follows:

On my 9i I used all default values. The OS is XP/Pro. When I attempt to populate the sample tables etc given all insert statements fail when attempting to insert a date.

The .sql files are in conflict with the names of objects. One file has customers as a view. The next has customer as a table of objects. I managed by editing the .sql file to put a to_date for each date and get the tables to populate.

The sample programs themselves fail because of program errors. I am trying to use the VB samples since they are the easiest to see how OO4 works. Parts of the programs work but as often the programs fail.

Are there updated (working) samples I can use?

Lloyd Sheen