Re: 9i server - how to avoid spatial, intermedia, jserver, etc

From: Chris S <cschofie_at_nospam.slip.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:38:45 GMT

Never mind - answered my own question! You have to select a 'template' that does not include datafiles. Once you do that, you can deselect all optional components.

Reason I did not try that earlier was that when I read 'do not include datafiles', I thought the database would be created (instance, etc) but no datafiles - actual tablespace storage objects.

Now I realize that a template can include 'actual storage objects', which means it simply copies a bunch of ready-made datafiles for the creation of the new database.