Re: Do I really need more than 1 rollback segment?

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <andrew_webby_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2001 02:51:37 -0800

For what it's worth, I find in my main production DB that rollback reads account for 0.04% of reads, and 14% of writes. Av read(ms) = 0.2. I get like half a dozen buffer waits (avg wait = 0ms) on RBS tablespace during 2 peak hours.

Also, while the main database files reside on a Sun T3 array, the rollback tablespaces are on the old SSA114's thus guaranteeing a clear path for sequential writes.

The application does generate an horrific amount of redo and consequent rollback - which we're assured the latest version will cure. As if...

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:<3c197f11$0$7497$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Comments below
> HJR
> Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com
>
> "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

 [snip some good stuff]