University Assignment

From: Ben <assignment_hlp_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2001 17:20:08 -0800

Hi!

If any Oracle experts could help me, I'd be very grateful! Just received a uni assignment on Tuning Techniques for Orcacle 8i. What we need to do is evaluate some performance aspect of Oracle, for example indexing, clustering, normalisation and query complexity. We need to pick a suitable research question, set up the experiment: designinga suitable data model and query set, build the database and generate data (100,000 + records has been advised).

I was hoping someone would be able to offer some advice, as to what the best performance aspect is that I could carry out and what the best way would be to conduct it (generating the data too!!). If there are any good urls, (or even if someone has done what I need!!!!) I'd also be very interested to see. It's a case of setting the experiment up, and goign to uni and conducting the experimetns at different times of the day (network performance also needs to be taken into consideration).

If anyone has any great ideas, please get back to me.

Cheers! Received on Fri Dec 14 2001 - 19:20:08 CST