Re: sqlplusw

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 23:05:15 +0100

Uwe meant it is an issue between Windoze and your mouse and has nothing to do with Oracle at all. You should not repeat your post in .tools.

The habit of way too many people to *multi*post (as opposed to crosspost) in *all* Oracle groups is *really* annoying. I often notice I respond to a *multiposted* question, and just wasted my time when I notice someone else has already responded to it correctly in a different group and I can't see that response.

There are posters I know as multiposting everything, usually I don't respond to them at all anymore, as I know someone else will pick up the question in a different group.
Multiposting is really the best way to stop people responding to the same questions over and over again, as more than 80 percent of those questions quite clearly show the poster started to post immediately after the question arose.
If you are one of the habitual multiposters (and IIRC you are), I would like to ask you to please stop multiposting asap and post your question only in the appropiate groups. Just for your reference: .server is devoted to anything that comes with Oracle Server or Enterprise Edition
.tools is devoted to Designer and Developer .misc is devoted to third party products.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA