Re: ORA-03113

From: Tomek <tomek_at_mga.com.pl>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:09:58 +0100

Hello!

"Gary Turner" <gary.turner_at_sci.com> wrote in message news:twqS7.105966$lV4.16192794_at_e420r-atl1.usenetserver.com...
> i am trying to use the database configuration assistant for a win 2k
> machine. when i start the actual creation process, i get this message:
>
> ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel.
>
> does anyone know what this means????

it means that your connection with database has been broken. it can be many reasons why.
for example on solaris 2.8 i have such ora during database installation and reason was inside badly configured system kernel variables

Please turn on trace logs and send me more dailed description

regards

--
Tomek