Re: Rename table

From: Glebsky <glebsky_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:30:59 +0600

Hi Kees,
  Oracle will replace values of all TABLE_NAME columns in all dictionary tables in one
  transaction, i.e. all or nothing.
  During last three years I didnt see when failed to RENAME something at all.

  RENAME will save all data, all grants, all indexes (but not index names), all constraints
  (but not their names) ... -- everything.   Thus, if you rename table TAB1 with primary key PK_TAB1 to TAB2, than
  you will get TAB2 but with primary key still called PK_TAB1.

Regards