Re: NT and Win 2000 Vs Oracle 8i Enterprise Installation

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:57:59 +1100

If I recall correctly (and I think I do), 8.1.6 was the *first* version of Oracle that was certified on W2K.

So you'll be fine, and have nothing to worry about (except for the fact that you're working with a de-supported version of Oracle in the first place, and missing out on some very juicy new features in 8.1.7 and (especially) 9i.

Also from memory, I think you are supposed to make sure that you are on version 8.1.6.3 for W2K -though when the occasion demands, I happily run on 8.1.6.0 with no apparent problems.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com