commit question

From: Scott Gamble <zifnab_at_NOSPAM.reddragon.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:42:57 GMT

Couldn't find any more info on this question on metalink, or dejanews.

I was just looking at a trace file generated from one of our applications, and they commit all over the place (working on changing that).

When in the trace file the commit has rd_only=1 does Oracle go on with a normal commit or does it realize that only a select happened and no real changes occured?

Maybe I am misinterpreting this, but every where I see rd_only=1 only selects have happened since the last commit.

Scott Received on Thu Dec 13 2001 - 11:42:57 CST