9i Database - AS9i installation problem

From: Zeljko Dzunic <zeki_at_ni.ac.yu>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:28:32 +0100

Hi there,
I have serious installation problem with 9i database and AS 9i. I try to install 9i database and AS9i on the same machine (Windows2000). First, I successfully installed 9i database and Developer 1.3 (I needed Developer runtime for
running my application) and it worked fine. Now, I tried to install AS9i but I couldn't install it
properly: some dll files were missing like core40.dll, vbjruntime.dll,oracore8.dll. Also after installation Portal 3.0, Database cash and Web cash configuration assistent couldn't complete.

After AS9i installation my application that worked fine before installation can't connect to database.

I'd like to ask:

  1. Is it possible to run 9i database, AS9i and Developer 1.3 on the same machine?
  2. If it's possible what should be installed first?
  3. Should I use same or diferent Oracle home?
  4. Is there some way to configure diferent versions of SQLNet that come with each of these products?

Thanks in advance Received on Thu Dec 13 2001 - 03:28:32 CST