Re: how to use function-based indexes?

From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi_at_crpa.it>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:53:56 +0100

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> what is the output? In every case -- i get an index range scan on the second
> query.

It works. I tried to drop the index on the original ACQUIRENTI table, re-analyze the table and recreate the index and it works there too. It seems that the index must be created *after* analyzing the table. In my tests the index was created *before* to analyze the table and perhaps that was the reason why it was not used.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards, Cristian

--
Cristian Veronesi ><((((º> http://www.crpa.it

There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American
Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. (Bart Simpson)