Joining user_cons_columns and user_constraints SLOWWWW!

From: Steve Mckee <steve.mckee_at_ericsson.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2001 12:08:22 -0800

Hi,

We use Tool for Oracle Application Development (TOAD)from Quest software as a database browser. The browser in this GUI executes the following query that absolutely hammers the Oracle Server:

 select  a1.constraint_name,
         c1.column_name,
         c1.position
 from    user_cons_columns  C1,
         user_constraints A1
 where   A1.table_name = C1.Table_name  And
         A1.constraint_name = C1.Constraint_Name  and
         A1.constraint_type = 'P'  and
         A1.table_name ='PP_CALLS'

  ORDER BY 3 It takes several minutes to run, 100% CPU utilization.

Seeing as we don't have control over the query, is there something we can do at the Server level?

Thanks.

Steve Received on Wed Dec 12 2001 - 14:08:22 CST