Re: Oracle 9i AS installation on SuSE Linux 7.1 Professional

From: Ben New <ben_at_leftclick.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:17:38 GMT

Simon,

When I enquired about obtaining the CDROMs, I was told that the Australian Oracle Store wasn't open yet - well it looks like it is now :-)

Seems strange that the downloaded version would be any different from the CDROM version, as long as the site was updated for each new version or patch...

I have used the NT version of Oracle 8i, btw, and found it really reliable, but again installation was a hassle...

Anyway, thanks for the info :-)

Ben