Swapping between two Schema instances on a live system

From: news magma <dgoodwin_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:12:23 GMT

Is there a recommended approach to swapping between two database schemas on a live system? We have two schema instances up and running A-Live B-Swap. We are considering an approach that would change the active sessions schema and would change the default schema for the application user account on next logon/connect

I was wondering if anyone had any success with this approach? If so what would happen to in progress transactions if the schema were to change in the middle of the transcation?

Cheers
  Dean Received on Wed Dec 12 2001 - 17:12:23 CST