Embarrasing question

From: Jan Eliasen <eliasen_at_cs.auc.dk>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:16:06 +0100

Hi there.

I installed oracle 9i under redhat 7.2 as eht user "eliasen". It ran just fine (I geuss). Now, I want to switch it to the user "oracle", so I changed the owner of all the files in $ORACLE_BASE and subdirs to the new user and booted the machine (I didnøt know what to run). But now, oracle isn't running.. apparently, the installer doesn't make sure it starts up when you boot? And I can not find any program to run to start it. During my search, I found a $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart script - but it seems that this script runs a sqldba script?!? And this script can not be found on my harddrive :-/ What to do?

And... another embarrasing one; How to I create users? I'd rather have a graphical thingy or something so I don't have to use sqlplus and create user and all that. Can anyone help me here?

Just for the records; I'm looking like a maniac through $ORACLE_BASE/doc/index.htm and the rest to find it, but I can't seem to find what I need.

Thank you in advance.

--
Eliasen Jr.