Re: how to use function-based indexes?

From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi_at_crpa.it>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:37:34 +0100

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> also to use function based indexes -- we HAVE to use CBO. RBO doesn't "see"
> them. I'd suspect here they are using rbo.

I would like to thank Jim, Howard and Thomas for their answers.

Some more details:

SQL> ALTER SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_MODE = all_rows;

... but nothing changed. Moreover, I found the following note in the online doc "Oracle9i Database Performance Guide and Reference":

"Note: Even if the parameter OPTIMIZER_MODE is set to RULE, the use of these features [Partitioned tables and indexes, Function-based indexes etc.] enables the CBO."

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards, Cristian

--
Cristian Veronesi ><((((º> http://www.crpa.it

There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American
Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. (Bart Simpson)