Re: SQL ?

From: Eric Worthy <admin_at_t10NOSPAM.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:01:57 -0700

Thanks D.

I thought about doing a Union on it but thought performance would be a disaster. As it turns out, it works great.

I did similar to what you suggested but I put Salary and Salary_hist into 1 table:

select id,site,name,pay_date
from
employee,
(select sal_id ID, sal_site SITE, pay_date from salary union
select sal_h_id ID, sal_h_site SITE, pay_date from salary_hist) Salary where
employee.id = Salary.id
and
employee.site = Salary.site
and
Salary.pay_date >= <some date>
and
Salary.pay_date <= <some date>
/

The performance rocks.

Anyway. Thanks for the heads up on this one. Sometimes I just get stuck on something
and all I need is a hint. (in your case, I got the whole query...hehe)

Regards,
Eric