Re: Oracle/Unix shell script question...

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:34:15 GMT

There are probably many answers to this one, here is my suggestion.

The script is a simple SQL script, no brains. Change it to a PL/SQL block and you can put some brains into it. The following is off the top of my head, you should test it yourself.

declare
  last_jobno integer;

begin
  select max( jobno )

     into last_jobno
     from aque;

 insert into aque
 (
 jobno
,who
,corr_acc_no
,group_code
,agent_code
,currency
,started
,finished
,datetime
,filename
,lock_flg
,status
,priority
,modes

 )
 values
 (
 last_jobno,
 'AUTO',
 0,

 'ALL',
 ' ',
 ' ',
 '01-JAN-1900',
 '01-JAN-1900',

 sysdate + 7,
 ' ',
 0,
 0,
 0,

 4
 );
 commit;

end;

exit Received on Tue Dec 11 2001 - 13:34:15 CST