Oracle8i, Win98 -> No way to install

From: Opi <opi_at_volny.cz>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:00:27 +0100

Hi, I'm trying to install Oracle8i trial. I've downloaded some 'light' version, psoracle81698.zip and unpacked to temp folder.
This version claims that it's _specially_ for Win98. But when I run the autorun or setup.exe or whatever, it crashes (access denied error)
I have debugged it so I found that the problem occurs in the path with the JRE 1.1.xx
C:\temp\o\STAGE\Components\oracle.swd.jre\1.1. 7.24_\1\DataFiles\Expanded\jre\win32\bin\jrew.exe. So I have installed first JRE 1.2.2, and after the same result, JRE .1.3.1. But still the same.
So I have copied the files from 1.3.1 to 1.1.7 and renamed java[w].exe to jre[w].exe, and, however this idea was foolish, it run - but only to the gray rectangle with the 'Loading' sign and ended.

PLEASE. Help me with this. I am a newbie in Oracle's stuff, and I was even surprised that _WHOLE_ Oracle is written in Java. Thanks, Opi Received on Tue Dec 11 2001 - 12:00:27 CST