Re: insufficient privileges PROBLEM. Can'T connect as SYSDBA

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:39:43 -0000

It'd also be worth checking to see what the value of the environment variable oracle_sid is set to.

Also I'm a bit confused. don't we also have to check if the instance is configured to use a password file and if so what the sysdba password is set at - or has that all gone under 9i?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Rick Wessman" <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message

> The parameter is indeed SQLNET.AUTHETICATION_SERVICES and I would
definitely
> bet that it is set to NONE.
>
> Rick
>
> "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> writes:
>
> > First make sure that there is a *local* ORA_DBA group, and that whoever
you
> > are logged in as when trying to connect is a member of that group.
Second,
> > your sqlnet.ora probably needs editing. I can't remember the exact name
of
> > the paramater, but it's something like SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES
...it
> > needs to be set to NTS, but is probably sitting there right now set to
NONE.