please help on error on partitioned tables

From: Lorna <lorna_yan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2001 01:58:55 -0800

My user is reproting a error on oracle8.1.6 while using my software:

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12455], [qkadelupd ], [], [], [], [], [], []

according to Oracle they give the following explanation for this type of problems:
Deleting from a partitioned table using a sub-select of another partitioned
table (with a local unique partitioned index) in an 'in' clause causes "ORA-0600 [12455] qkadelupd" when the two tables have identical partitioning properties

I found there is only one statement in my application something like:

SELECT a.ROWID from table_a a, table_b b where a.x=b.x and a.y=12345

Then the selected ROWID values are grouped by 10 and execute:

DELETE FROM table_a WHERE ROWID IN
(rowid_val1, rowid_val2, ..., rowid_val10)

I have little experience in partitioning and seem my case is not the same as the explainaiton given above. Will above statement cause any problem if table_a are partitioned? What if for example rowid_val1 and rowid_val2 are on different partion?

Can anyone give a help here?

Thanks!

Lorna

if these ROWIDs are in different partiion.

 Will it cause any problem by uding statement Received on Tue Dec 11 2001 - 03:58:55 CST