Re: Making sense of the SQL trace file

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:36:57 +1100

I'm probably way off base here, but since your server is likely to contain a hunk of silicon which is clocking along at several hundred million cycles per second, I would have thought it perfectly feasible to interpolate nanoseconds (I think that's what 9 decimal places works out to, anyway!).

1/500,000,000 = 0.000000002 -which happens to be 9 digits of precision.

Presumably, going to a multi-gigahertz processor will allow Oracle 32i to get down to femtoseconds. ;-)

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com