Re: Log user/password of fail connection attempts

From: Kurt Sun <sunk_at_focushope.edu>
Date: 10 Dec 2001 10:11:28 -0800

Thomas Guettler <access_at_thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message news:<3C14C998.9060104_at_thomas-guettler.de>...
> I have an application which tries to connect to my oracle 8i. But it
> fails. How can I log the connection-string this application uses in oracle?
>
> I want to know which password and user this application uses. I couldn't
> find this information in the application itself.
>
> Thank you!

Thomas,

What OS? If it's UNIX, you can always use "snoop" command to capture what user typed, do a "man snoop" on UNIX about the syntax detail.

Can you tnsping from the client? As always you can enable listener trace to find the reason of failed connections.

HTH, Kurt. Received on Mon Dec 10 2001 - 12:11:28 CST