Re: Log user/password of fail connection attempts

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:00:07 +0100

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:41:28 +0100, Thomas Guettler <access_at_thomas-guettler.de> wrote:

>I have an application which tries to connect to my oracle 8i. But it
>fails. How can I log the connection-string this application uses in oracle?
>
>I want to know which password and user this application uses. I couldn't
> find this information in the application itself.
>
>Thank you!

enable auditing
(init<sid>.ora audit_trail parameter needs to be set to the string db [without quotes])

then
audit connect whenever unsuccesful

That is all there is to it.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Dec 10 2001 - 12:00:07 CST