Problem PHP3 + Oracle 8i

From: Martin <lemamar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:43:02 +0100

Hello

I'm working on some web services, I use two sun solaris OS: SUN OS 5.7, PHP3 and an oracle database 8.1.6.

I'don't understand:

I often have this error:
OCISessionBegin: ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (250) exceeded

I check the table v$process and i have 247 process, so I set the process to 600 and the open_cursor to 1000 in order to see if it still grows...

To day, I have 580 process. I think, I will see the ORA-00020 error again. I only have 20 sessions..
So I think that the process are not released, but why? Are there anything to free this process

If someone have any idea?
Do you think the client configuration( the two sun) is wrong or the database as some bad paramaters?

Martin Received on Mon Dec 10 2001 - 09:43:02 CST