Re: migration emergency !

From: Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_indra.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:24:24 -0700

Laurent Boutet wrote:

> Hi !
> this is an emergency call !!
> I'm not an Oracle expert (only 3 months)...
> But I've intended today to migrate from Oracle 8.0.5 to Oracle 8.1.7.
> I did it well...but now, I need to migrate my database, otherwise my
> application won't work anymore. But I've got the following message that does
> not allow me to migrate :
> "
> Upgrade or migration cannot proceed beacause of the following(s) :
> - following parameter(s) does not have 0 (zero) value : job_queue_processes
>
> Please refer to the migration documentation for details
> "
>
> Well...good message...but I'm lost...and searching in the migration
> documentation seems to me
> a little bit hard...
>
> So, can't anybody help me ??
>
> Thank you very very very much in advance, you would save my life !!! ;-D
>
> Laurent

It means the parameter job_queue_processes must have a non-zero value.

Just out of curiosity, didn't you read the migration docs **before** you attempted this? And, didn't you test on a non-production system **before** attempting on a production system? just some things to ponder for the next time.

--
Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA