Re: Oracle 9i/Solaris 8/NFS & >4GB datafiles

From: Antti Järvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 10 Dec 2001 17:08:20 +0200

DerUbergeek_at_hotmail.com (Der Ubergeek) writes:
> On the NFS server:
>
> cd /u01
> mkfile 5000m test1.mkfile

I've seen situations in linux where you can write a large file but you cannot read it. This mkfile just writes the file?

Maybe you should try also
 dd if=test1.mkfile bs=1 count=1 skip=4831838208 from both sides of your NFS?

In addition to cleverness of autoextending datafiles, I'd like to question the reason for keeping datafiles on NFS mounted volumes instead of local ones?

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi
            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra"