Re: Oracle 9i AS installation on SuSE Linux 7.1 Professional

From: Ben New <ben_at_leftclick.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:51:33 GMT

Oh yeah, one more thing... now the database wont start. This is the example output (spaces and junk removed):

bash> dbstart
SQL> ERROR:
ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist SQL> ORA-24324: service handle not initialized ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist SQL>
Database "[SID]" warm started.

Does anyone know what a "hostdef extension" is or how to create one? Can anyone help my broken installation?

Regards,
Ben New
Leftclick Software Development

ben_at_leftclick.com.au