Oracle 9i AS installation on SuSE Linux 7.1 Professional

From: Ben New <ben_at_leftclick.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:40:26 GMT

Hello,

I have been tearing my hair out trying to install Oracle 9i AS (9.0.1) Standard Edition on SuSE Linux 7.1 Professional, running kernel 2.4.4.

AFAIK, I have completed the pre-installation tasks and followed the installation instructions from the installation disc.

Before installing iAS the database configuration was working fine - i.e. I could login/out using SQL*Plus and perform normal database operations - create, drop, etc.

During installation, in the "Linking Application Server" part, I got the following error message:

Error in invoking target relink of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.0.1/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk.

Calling the makefile by hand produces the following:

bash> make -f ins_precomp.mk relink
rm -f /opt/oracle/product/9.0.1/bin/
rm: '/opt/oracle/product/9.0.1/bin' is a directory make: *** [relink] Error 1

In the Configuration section of the install, both the HTTP Server and Portal 3.0 startups fail. However I feel this is because of the previous error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ben New
Leftclick Software Development

ben_at_leftclick.com.au Received on Mon Dec 10 2001 - 08:40:26 CST