Re: Oracle internals.

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 10 Dec 2001 12:26:37 +0000 (GMT)

Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote:

>> - what is internal structure of a datafile ? I am not asking to know the
>(c)
>> details but just a big picture. Once I did an append to one of a datafiles
>> with tar ...
>>
>> Please, point me to some reference on Oracle internals.
>
>Steve Adams has a book. O'Reilly, something like 'internal services for
>Oracle'. Go to his web site (www.ixora.com.au) and you'll be able to see it
>(and its accurate title, which I've forgotten) under the 'Resources' link).

The book is "Oracle 8i Internal Services for Waits, Latches, Locks and Memory"

While excellent in its area, it isn't relevent to storage internals.

The best info I've had on this area was from the Oracle seminar "Data Management and Storage Internals".

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/