Oracle internals.

From: Andrej <andrej611_at_wp.pl>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 20:16:27 +0100

Hello,

I am looking for the following info concering Oracle internals:
- how does Oracle know what blocks are assigned to what tables ? does is
blindly scan throug all the blocks ?
- I know a single block can hold data for different segments. So where is a
glue that holds a blocks/extents of a segment toegether ?
- what is internal structure of a datafile ? I am not asking to know the (c)
details but just a big picture. Once I did an append to one of a datafiles with tar ...

Please, point me to some reference on Oracle internals.

Just beeing courious,
Andrej Received on Sun Dec 09 2001 - 13:16:27 CST