Re: Startup trouble 8i on NT after bsod

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:01:48 +0100

Jan,

The alert will show you what exactly happened. If you don't want to post it, e-mail it to me. I can think of all kind of problems, like you lost the init<sid>.ora and you are now running on default parameter settings (which definitely results in a lower footprint), but without looking at the alert this is guesswork.
If you have an adequate backup you can always run the dbverify utility on the database files to check whether they are sound. I definitely am afraid it will come to restoring a backup, and I only hope you have a backup of the registry.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA