Re: Startup trouble 8i on NT after bsod

From: Jan Klaverstijn <jan_at_klaverstijn.nl>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 14:17:31 +0100

Thanks for thinking with me.

I did configure Net8. Things used to work well for over two years. My bet is that the fact that TNS doesn't work is a secondary effect. There still is the server that now starts in a flash (as opposed to minutes in the past) with a mere 6MB memory footprint. This is (unfortunately) a far cry from what it used to be. It is not "just another 12560" here. I'm afraid it's more than that.

As the events started of with a system crash, what are my chances that my data files are corrupted and restoring them into a new install won't make the symptoms return?

Regards,
Jan Klaverstijn

"Sybrand Bakker" <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schreef in bericht news:0c061uo4beotl5v4k0qqorj7959c0tc8m1_at_4ax.com...> On Sat, 8 Dec 2001 19:17:22 -0500, "scott watson"