Re: Startup trouble 8i on NT after bsod

From: scott watson <rscottwatson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 19:17:22 -0500

I think your installation is toast. Your best bet is to backup your datafiles, control files, log files, parameter file any any other thing you can think of and reinstall Oracle. (Keep a text file of where these files should go. directory paths etc)

Once you have reinstalled Oracle you can then create a database with the DBCA utility using the same dbname. Stop the database and then copy your backup over these newly created files and startup your database.

HTH
Scott Watson.

Jan Klaverstijn <jan_at_klaverstijn.nl> wrote in message news:9uu5s7$2p6$1_at_scavenger.euro.net...
> I should have been more elaborate:
>
> The listener is flaky as well. I get the following when doing a tnsping to
> the local BEQ connection:
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>
> When using TCP-LOOPBACK I get
> TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
>
> I see no TNSLISTENER process in the task list but the services applet says
> it is started.So it's presumed dead.
>
> Regards,
> Jan Klaverstijn

Win2k.