Re: NET8 question: BEQ Local

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 23:45:01 +0100

On Sat, 08 Dec 2001 21:13:32 GMT, "rocr" <rolland_cright_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi gang,
>
> What ever happened to the BEQ/local protocol with SQL*V2? I am running a
>process on the db host and I do not want it to go through the NIC. Will IPC
>work? If so it asks me for a KEY VALUE when I try to configure a new
>service using the IPC protocol. Any answers?
>
>Cheers,
>rocr

The BEQ protocol still exists and is now called BEQUEATH IPC is a local protocol, it will not go through the NIC. The key value can be anything, but usually it is the SID

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Dec 08 2001 - 16:45:01 CST