Startup trouble 8i on NT after bsod

From: Jan Klaverstijn <jan_at_klaverstijn.nl>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 22:47:58 +0100

Hi all,

I run a small 8i server on my laptop for demo and development on Win2k. Today my system crashed. I had a blue screen and my machine rebooted spontaniously. Now Oracle starts without errors but nothing can connect to it. Before oracle.exe had a 60MB+ footprint. Now it's only 6MB.

I have no clue where to begin trouble shooting. Any logs I can create/find? The system logs show no alerts related to Oracle. Any tools I could use? Or am I just stuffed? Can I salvage my data and reinstall oracle? So many questions... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jan Klaverstijn Received on Sat Dec 08 2001 - 15:47:58 CST