Where does CGI script get HTTP_USER_AGENT and PATH values from?

From: Terri I. <teresni_at_ucia.gov>
Date: 7 Dec 2001 11:31:21 -0800

I've got an Oracle application that is launching some Java code to connect via https to a CGI script. That CGI script writes a file with all environment variables. The HTTP_USER_AGENT value is "Java1.2.1", although I've installed the 1.3.1 version of the JDK/JRE on the server. I cannot figure out what configuration files (Oracle? Apache?) are making the settings that the CGI script then displays. Can someone tell me where the web server settings are defined that would cause the HTTP_USER_AGENT field to be set to Java1.2.1?? Because of this, my application will not work properly because it requires JDK 1.3. I set the path and classpath for the 'Oracle' user, but maybe browser https requests are treated as some other user such that the appropriate paths are not being referenced. Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 13:31:21 CST