Re: licensing query

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:57:46 -0000

My problem was reading (with the first column being for standard edition)

      Data Warehousing and VLDB
     Materialized views
     Includes summary management functionality, join indexes, and summary
advisor. Powerful functionality that automatically redirects queries to stored summary tables, improving query performance dramatically.

and from replication

      Distributed
     Basic replication
     Oracle8i server fully supports bi-directional replication with
automated conflict detection and resolution. Supported configurations include a single updatable master site with multiple updatable or read-only snapshot sites.

which of course doesn't mention materialized views. I still think that this is misleading as its not the materialized view funtionality that is unavailable but query rewrite which is unavailable. Anyway I'm happy I'm legal now.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA