Re: Rollback

From: Thomas <thomas.hiller_at_warema.de>
Date: 7 Dec 2001 02:20:49 -0800

Hello

You will get an error message, oracle won't give you access to another rollback segment. Oracle uses a cyclic queue to assign a transaction to a rollback segment, so the transaction are distributed automaticly to different rollback segments to improve database performance. Every rollback segment can contain several transactions. For big transaction it is usefull to create a big rollbacksegment and assign the transaction by "set transaction use rollback segment <segment-name>" to a specific rollback segment.

I hope this answers your question

regards
thomas