Re: Sorts and IO in the temporary tablespace

From: dias <ydias_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2001 01:38:35 -0800

Hi,
Thank you all for the responses.

Just one thing I don't understand. Why a sort have to write to disk if the sort_area_retained_size is smaller than the sort_area_size.

The Oracle doucmentation says that the sort_area_retained_size is "the maximum amount of the user global area (UGA) memory retained after a sort run completes".

Dias